THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jason
Saw a thread earlier about burnt ends made from chuck roast which I knew I had to do!

I purchased two two-pack chuck roasts from Costco and plan to do them tomorrow.

Anyone do these regularly and have any tips? I'm thinking low and slow to ~190ish internal, pull cut into burnt-end cubes, sauce etc. like I would brisket burnt ends, and back on the smoker for a couple more hours.

I imagine there's some texture difference between chuck roast and brisket so I want to make sure I adjust for that temp wise.

I plan to take some pics along the way and document this experiment.

I just put them in a beef base wosty/beer marinade with a light jaccard until tomorrow morning. Will definitely post some pics and results.

I tried making chuck burnt ends two weeks ago. The Queen loved them, but I thought they were overly dry. So I think a shorter cook for me next time. I was spraying my chucks with a combo of a Smore's beer and worsty sauce, that was a good combo. I used black ops rub on them too.

I wish you luck and I'm eager to see your results.

Back