Chipotle's...

thirdeye said:
I'm still cutting my teeth and having fun with this foodblog thing working for Matt, writing a few things for The Cooks Kitchen......

Your efforts are much appreciated, Wayne! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Your posts (wherever you choose to share them) are always informative....and usually accompanied by mouthwatering photos.

Farker.:twisted:

I've smoked and dried peppers for the past several years and usually wind up using em ground up later in the year. Right now I've got a good stash of carrot based habenaro sauce that I need to start looking for victims to give jars to or this batch might last several years. This year was my first time to actually make canned chipotles and they tasted just about like they was suppose to - I think I just added water, vinegar, onions, and ketchup to the pan of dried jalapenos and simmered for a long time. I didn't get around to doing more than just the test run so they were not cold packed - I just put em in the fridge. When I smoke peppers all I have to do is leave em in the smoker long enough to impart a lot of smoky flavor then finish em up in the homemade dehydrater.

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

I use 'em instead of japs when I want some extra smoke. They're great in quacamole, peeple are alway trying to figure out what I do different.

Back