THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KevGuy

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Wanted to bbq some chicken breasts for supper tonight.

To finish up some bags of opened charcoal briquettes and start a new one I ended up with a chimney of 1/3 Kingsford, 1/3 Weber and 1/3 jealous Devil. The jealous Devil was the new bag opened and my first time using it.

The cook went fine, and the Kingsford gave up the ghost first with the jealous Devil and Weber briquettes still going strong.

One thing I noticed, both when the chimney was getting going and on the grill is that there were “crackles and sparkles” coming from the coals like what happens when you use lump charcoal. These were briquettes. I’ve never know Weber or Kingsford briquettes to do this so I’m going to assume it was the jealous Devil briquettes.

Anybody else using jealous Devil notice this?

Wanted to bbq some chicken breasts for supper tonight.

To finish up some bags of opened charcoal briquettes and start a new one I ended up with a chimney of 1/3 Kingsford, 1/3 Weber and 1/3 jealous Devil. The jealous Devil was the new bag opened and my first time using it.

The cook went fine, and the Kingsford gave up the ghost first with the jealous Devil and Weber briquettes still going strong.

One thing I noticed, both when the chimney was getting going and on the grill is that there were “crackles and sparkles” coming from the coals like what happens when you use lump charcoal. These were briquettes. I’ve never know Weber or Kingsford briquettes to do this so I’m going to assume it was the jealous Devil briquettes.

Anybody else using jealous Devil notice this?

I have had KBB and Royal Oak charcoal briquettes do the popping and cracking on me several times. Never used Jealous Devil.

Back