THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JasonS

Knows what a fatty is.
I made these a couple nights ago, but no time to post, until now. I started with a small chimney worth of lit Weber briquettes and burned down some Cowboy brand apple chunks to coals.

39901636640_9227f32763_c.jpg

Everything is in place to get this cook going. I used ground turkey from Trader Joe’s, that I seasoned with Webers’ “Gourmet Burger”. I had some leftover chimichuri paste from a previous cook, swiss cheese, butter lettuce, tomato and brioche buns.

40809813275_103ba104c6_c.jpg

I didn’t want to over cook the turkey, so I flipped often and didn’t walk away. Only took about 6-8 minutes, over direct heat, lid mostly open. The wood chunks burned up pretty quick, so it wasn’t crazy hot.

40990995064_901cfaf392_c.jpg

I haven’t cooked many turkey burgers on the grill, so I’m still getting them dialed in. These came out just as I had hoped. They were actually very juicy (surprised) and tasted pretty dang good.

39901639900_51f9488d8d_c.jpg

In an attempt to change the menu up a bit, I only changed a couple ingredients from my normal burger cook. Although these look similar to a typical grilled beef burger, they tasted very unique and full of flavor. The chimichuri paste made these things pop with flavor. No ketchup, mustard or anything else was added. I hope you guys and gals enjoy the pics!

That looks pretty good Jason, I just happen to have some ground turkey and chimi in the fridge, hmmmm

I love turkey burgers, last time I made them I used this recipe which was excellent; https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016139-turkey-burgers I make a cranberry BBQ sauce to go with them. I don’t have a recipe, I just add dried cranberries and juice to a pot and reduce before adding ketchup, molasses, and a few other standard sauce ingredients.

Back