THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5am

Knows what a fatty is.
Tried some new flavors out for a "competition" style thigh tonight. Figured I would throw up a few pictures, trying out the new phones camera. Was very happy with the tenderness and moisture of the meat. Cooked on a CS680 pellet grill. Thanks for looking!:becky:

imag0017bm.jpg
imag0018hj.jpg

Looks really dang good! I'd easily give those a 7 or an 8 for appearance, but I bet you would make them look even better for a comp. Looks really tender and moist in the photo.

Seems like ya have extra there, so pass one along please. :-D

point being, at a comp, there's no room for getting sloppy, better train yourself now through practice to not allow yourself the slack and for the endurance and patience needed. :thumb:
Agree! Hopefully you didn't take the thanks as sarcastic. I like feedback, its all good.

Agree! Hopefully you didn't take the thanks as sarcastic. I like feedback, its all good.

wasn't sure. :icon_blush:

either way, you deserved an explanation of my thoughts.

with that out of the way....did you brine/marinade the meat? it does look quite juicy.

wasn't sure. :icon_blush:

either way, you deserved an explanation of my thoughts.

with that out of the way....did you brine/marinade the meat? it does look quite juicy.

Nope, I didnt do either. I've marinated before, never brined. I really enjoy the flavor of the SOW chicken marinade though. I took a class awhile back and my chicken has taken a turn for the better IMO.

Back