THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those look awesome! The pics with the thighs sauced are award-winning in my book.

Any chance of you sharing the sauce recipe (or at least most of it)? would love to try making those.

Those look awesome! The pics with the thighs sauced are award-winning in my book.

Any chance of you sharing the sauce recipe (or at least most of it)? would love to try making those.

Thanks caliking! The sauce on those thighs is a 2:1 Blues Hog Original:Blues Hog Tennessee Red mix. The Original give an awesome glaze and the Tennessee Red cuts some of the sweetness. It's not exactly my competition sauce, but it is close.

Those look fantastic! nice blog, enjoyed looking through there. I think i will need to cook some chicken this weekend.

What were your approximate cooking times at that temp?

Care to share your sauce recipe? Also, what rub did you use?

Those look fantastic! nice blog, enjoyed looking through there. I think i will need to cook some chicken this weekend.

What were your approximate cooking times at that temp?

Thanks! Almost two hours at 275* plus 10 -15 minutes to set the glaze. The butter bath keeps them from drying out and they come out super tender that way. Not quite 'fall apart', but close.

Those look outstanding! I just got a few bottles of Blues Hog and the Tennessee Red. I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your recipe this weekend :-D

Back