lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
For the Tailgate TD in progress, here:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301523

Break out the Blackstone, doesn't matter what size you've got and bring it along for tailgating. Although I've only once tailgated at a Jimmy Buffett concert which was more booze than food, for a football season tailgate I know I'd be dishing up one of my favorites - Chicken Shawarma!

Prep could begin the night before or the morning of, and once the marinade was set, it's time to get the Boneless Chicken Thighs into the marinade -

eDdN8nK.jpg

Fire up the griddle, turn on the lights and let's get started -

g65UGgM.jpg

Chicken's on -

zbZVzdQ.jpg

Red Peppers are on -

k1rIpNb.jpg

And a side of Tater Tots that were hiding in the freezer -

gg2CwfD.jpg

Coming along nicely -

Zun0O84.jpg

3FElQRY.jpg

Not homemade Naan, but it'll do just fine -

OFyL0kv.jpg

We weren't feeling as adventurous as Sako by dropping the tailgate on my truck and eating in the driveway :mrgreen: so the kitchen will have to do.

Toppings would all be taken out of their plastic bags from the cooler. For today's tailgate we've got Broccoli Slaw, Diced Tomatoes, Diced Cucumbers, Grilled Red Peppers -

5v91kLV.jpg

Time to make up a Shawarma wrap -

UZ6FNR5.jpg

MtAJUdr.jpg

MKpbng7.jpg

WftPyQg.jpg

HCJMHFD.jpg

As good as it always is, you can't beat Shawarma whether it's on the grill or griddle. The seasonings in the marinade were spot on, the chicken had just the right amount of heat and since these are thighs were perfectly tender.

The recipe is my usual from recipetineats.com, never fails.

I think Shawarma would make an ideal tailgating food. Of course, trying to score tickets to a Pats game isn't easy so we'll have to pretend in the backyard.

Thanks for checking in on tonite's Tailgating TD dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks terrific Dom. Shwarma and jambalaya are 2 of my favorites that I have never made yet. One of these days :-D

Looks terrific Dom. Shwarma and jambalaya are 2 of my favorites that I have never made yet. One of these days :-D

No time like the present, Joe! You won't be disappointed.

You folks might be getting tired of my repeating Shawarma posts every so often, but it never gets old. This has become one of my go to dishes. Always gets rave reviews.

Dom

Back