Chicken Scoring question...

I heart those so harrrrrd!!!!!

It's only 18 hours away.
shiner.gif

Depending on what the schedule looks like this year we may have to make a trip out your way to see about getting one of those laser cut trophies...:wink:
Best piece of advice I can offer on your chicken is to cook for the local judges...:cool:

Heck yeah, you & brian load up what ever you think will earn you a walk and common' out! Heck get Mikey out here too!
I'll persuade the B-O-B to make the trip and we can all play with matches together! Yay!

Sounds like Diva is in... :icon_bigsmil

Early August it usually is.

Umm about cookin' for the local judges... WHAT LOCAL JUDGES??? HAVE YOU SEEN A MAP OF WHERE STEVENSVILLE IS??? My god man, a bird crapped off the main highway and someone decided to build Stevensville on it! This BBQ event is their whole summer outing wrapped into 1!!

Great thing about this comp is that MT's food service laws are so lax (is that a good thing??) that anyone can sell food to make up for the cost of travel and comp expenses. B-O-B & I sold about 100+ pulled pork sammies (8 butts) for $7 each... certainly didn't make money but it helped out anyways.
One team there sold almost $5k in food for the 3 days, oh, the event does take 25%... kinda sucks but it's a fund raiser for them.

I heart those so harrrrrd!!!!!

It's only 18 hours away.
shiner.gif

On second thought Ms. Diva, after I've read your 3rd annual stagecoach BBQ page, I realize that my invitation was made in complete and absolute ignorance. I would like to respectfully ask you to remain in your 9th ring of hell and if I manage to scrape together a GC, I will send it your way for safe keeping. Deal?? =) Please?
If you decide to come anyways can I pretend to be your wannabe pit bitch??

"Umm about cookin' for the local judges... WHAT LOCAL JUDGES??? HAVE YOU SEEN A MAP OF WHERE STEVENSVILLE IS??? My god man, a bird crapped off the main highway and someone decided to build Stevensville on it! This BBQ event is their whole summer outing wrapped into 1!!"

LOFLMAO...!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Stevensville? Is this a sanctioned contest? I need to do a Montana contest and it looks like it's only 24 hours away... Which happens to be in my range... :cool:

Stevensville? Is this a sanctioned contest? I need to do a Montana contest and it looks like it's only 24 hours away... Which happens to be in my range... :cool:

Dear God, What have I done??

Ok, I should come clean, there's no comp in MT, I was making it aaalllll up. Ha-Ha, funny joke right?? Man, I got you good!!

So seriously, just, uhh, stick to you're fancy-schmancy "Jack's" & "Royal's" and other big boy shows and let us little fella's think that we have a chance at pretending to know what we're doing. :biggrin: Thank you.

And if you do decide to come play in my backyard, can I be your bitch for the weekend? I'll keep the Montana Militia away...

"We got guns up in this, b*tches!!" :tongue:

Ry

Dear God, What have I done??

Ok, I should come clean, there's no comp in MT, I was making it aaalllll up. Ha-Ha, funny joke right?? Man, I got you good!!

So seriously, just, uhh, stick to you're fancy-schmancy "Jack's" & "Royal's" and other big boy shows and let us little fella's think that we have a chance at pretending to know what we're doing. :biggrin: Thank you.

And if you do decide to come play in my backyard, can I be your bitch for the weekend? I'll keep the Montana Militia away...

"We got guns up in this, b*tches!!" :tongue:

Ry

My goals as a BBQ team are simple... I want to cook in all the states... I have covered 24 so far, am always looking for more that I have not covered... Yet at least...

Montana State Championship

The 2010 PNWBA Schedule of Events is still in the works, but from what I've been hearing it should be an exciting year!
http://www.pnwba.com/
The Stevensville Montana event was held August 7-8 2009 and it was the 8th year and is a State Championship.

My goals as a BBQ team are simple... I want to cook in all the states... I have covered 24 so far, am always looking for more that I have not covered... Yet at least...

Yeah but have you ever driven through eastern Montana?? It never ends! It's like a lifetime of blacktop-torture wondering if it will ever end.
I wouldn't want you to suffer through that expirence... :wink:

Edit:
I wish I had the time and freedom to hit comps all over the country... one of my dreams. Right next to having my own BBQ & Brewery. Unfortunately having a brewery and a restaraunt in the same building is not permitted in Montana... old post-prohibition law. A brewery may not sell any food, even snacks. :roll: Oh, and the brewery may not leagally serve you more than 3 - 16oz servings of beer in a 24 hour period, and they must be closed down and patrons out the door by 8pm. Never seen anyone patroling brewerys tho...

The 2010 PNWBA Schedule of Events is still in the works, but from what I've been hearing it should be an exciting year!
The Stevensville Montana event was held August 7-8 2009 and it was the 8th year and is a State Championship.

Well thank you Mr. Knowitall! I'm trying to keep these folks outta here and stop the massive hemorraging that I've started!
If you could be a little less enthusiastic it would help. :biggrin: In fact, No more posting on this thread so that it gets burried and forgotten!

Starting... NOW!

Well thank you Mr. Knowitall! I'm trying to keep these folks outta here and stop the massive hemorraging that I've started!
If you could be a little less enthusiastic it would help. :biggrin: In fact, No more posting on this thread so that it gets burried and forgotten!

Starting... NOW!

You better stay in the Backyard then!:twisted:

Yeah but have you ever driven through eastern Montana?? It never ends! It's like a lifetime of blacktop-torture wondering if it will ever end.
I wouldn't want you to suffer through that expirence... :wink:

Edit:
I wish I had the time and freedom to hit comps all over the country... one of my dreams. Right next to having my own BBQ & Brewery. Unfortunately having a brewery and a restaraunt in the same building is not permitted in Montana... old post-prohibition law. A brewery may not sell any food, even snacks. :roll: Oh, and the brewery may not leagally serve you more than 3 - 16oz servings of beer in a 24 hour period, and they must be closed down and patrons out the door by 8pm. Never seen anyone patroling brewerys tho...

Starting... NOW!

Here's a little something to refresh your memory Ryan...
http://www.pnwba.com/ContestApps/2009/stevensville_2009.pdf
Just tryin' to help a brother out...:twisted:

Here's a little something to refresh your memory Ryan...
http://www.pnwba.com/ContestApps/2009/stevensville_2009.pdf
Just tryin' to help a brother out...:twisted:

Hmm... nope. can't say that it helps... Pretty sure that's a fake entry form... Nice work on it BTW! Looks authentic! :biggrin:

I'll be sure to let Tim know that there are some infiltraters that will be trying to enter this year... problem solved. :tongue:

Dang it! You tricked me into posting again!

Has this thread deviated far enough from topic yet??

What was the topic again? Oh yeah...how to win one of those cool laser trophies! :twisted::lol: No wait...something about chicken skin...:?::?::?:

Back