Chicken Scores

ive questioned some of our wins as well as our losses :)
any given day on any given table I guess

yep, I don't complaint when I get a first and I know they are wrong... My indicators (i.e. my girls and my sister) were devouring my stuff last weekend. That usually means it's good, as they usually don't want to eat it... :cool:

The chicken at out table was very good. One was outstanding in appearence, taste and tenderness..it had both thighs as well as some mighty tasty sliced pieces. There also was a box at our table that had a piece that when bit into, was questionabe as to being cooked enough. A white paper towel showed dark pink. Brian said it was a close call and was the judges decision. Was decided not to DQ it.

I was at the 4th table (table captian was a wonderfull woman in a light purple shirt who's name escapes me now:confused:) And my husband Walt was at the first table. Where were you??

second to last table..had a black brethren shirt on
you might be thinking of Marsha who was a table captain.. my wife was judging at your table as well if Marsha was your table captain

second to last table..had a black brethren shirt on
you might be thinking of Marsha who was a table captain.. my wife was judging at your table as well if Marsha was your table captain

Yes, I believe that was her name. I remember your wife,:wink: as there were only two woman at our table.

It looks good in my book.... a little more uniform on the pieces, and color might have helped... but who knows.

I have said it before and I will say it again. There should be a feedback form, for when you get a below average score, they should put a one or two word comment for us. Simple as: salty, not done, mushy, too sweet, dry, tough skin, etc..... then we would know why one judge scored low. Like already said, maybe that one piece was not done enough, or something.... who knows which one. Maybe he/she was tired of judging or was expecting more.... it would be interesting to see the score from others that came from the same table/judge.

With the new scoring system that takes place as of March 1st(see below), on appearence, which is all I can comment on, I would give it a 6.

9 – Excellent
8 – Very Good
7 – Above Average
6 – Average
5 – Below Average
4 – Poor
3 – Bad
2 – Inedible
1 – Disqualified

You know, I was thinking 7 all along the time I was reading, and then you go and put names on the numbers and I immediatly went to a 6.
I HATE names hooked up with the numbers. It's going to change how my head works vs how I read. They should have just left it be...
ModelMaker

You know, I was thinking 7 all along the time I was reading, and then you go and put names on the numbers and I immediatly went to a 6.
I HATE names hooked up with the numbers. It's going to change how my head works vs how I read. They should have just left it be...
ModelMaker

I hear ya. I don't make the rules, just follow em'.... don't shoot the messenger.

Back