Chicken practice

Jackel........holy smoke those look good!!!!!! I would love to know your temps and technique on those. Mine are always getting too dark........those are a work of art!

Going against the grain--bottom. Perhaps because of the angle they look better trimmed. I also like the slightly darker color. Both look great really.

Hmmm . . . I like the overall appearance of the bottom ones. They are better trimmed and more uniform. But I don't like how the sauce looks thick and shellacked. I like the top one because you can see the seasoning under the sauce and the sauce looks more appetizing. If you trimmed the top ones more uniform I would definitely vote top.

I like the top...they look like "REAL" pieces of chicken, and a little less sauce means I get less garnish sticking to the piece.

I think the top one is the winner. It had the better flavor in our opinion but our opinion means squat. Just have to hope the judges like it.

Top pic, like everyone else it looks lighter on the sauce, I do not always sauce my chickens but when I do I go light on them.

Back