THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bigdog

somebody shut me the fark up.
I had some Asian grilled chicken on a stick last week at the Wichita Riverfestival and loved it. They basted them with a red sauce at the end and also gave them a brush of some brownish oily baste after they were finished cooking. Probably used thigh meet and must have brined and or marinated them first. Anyone have a recipe for something like this? I also noticed that they has a soy-like seasoning and siracha sauce on the side.

The brownish oily baste is probably sesame oil, fish sauce, and stuff.

If you're talking yakitori it's called "tare". I make the standard tare using, mirin, sake, soy sauce, and sugar.
Most Asian grocers sell bottled basting sauces in many flavors which you can use for this type of grilling.

Here's a shot from last weekend's cook I did. Here you see meatballs, beef (flat iron), and chicken (thighs).

P1070269_zps759dc0ae.jpg

Back