Chicken Frid Backstrap

robertm

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
ROBERT
There are few things tastier in this world than chicken fried backstrap done right.

First into the milk bath for a few hrs to purge some of the blood and lessen any strong flavors:

TJIEM9X.jpg

The next step is key for fork tender backstrap. Pound it very flat then hit it with the jaccard:

kQqO0jq.jpg

Finally a classic flour, eggs, flour dredge and fry. I add a little Tony Chacheres Seasoning to the meat before dredging then as soon as it comes out of the oil. Really amps up the flavor. When done drain most of the oil, add flour to create a rue, add milk and reduce. I add Tony Chacheres Seasoning to the gravy as well.

NvCpUkE.jpg

idHaBiR.jpg

If you've never done backstrap this way you owe it to yourself to try at least once. It's silly good!

t4DQyhF.jpg

2XkMEAp.jpg

I cooked some chicken up the same way for the folks in the family that refuse to eat bambi. It was really good as well but all that tried both agreed the venison was tastier.

Last edited:
Really nice dinner Robert. I'll take venison any way I can get it. Looks like there is more for you since not all like it :thumb:

Mrs frognot does an amazing job making this.

Excellent tutorial for venison CFS!

Thise are really good! My mom used to make steak fingers out of them the same way. The other way was in a pressure cooker smothered in mushroom soup with onion.

Is it called Chicken fried if you use breadcrumbs etc?

Is it called Chicken fried if you use breadcrumbs etc?

If you can make chicken that way you can call it chicken fried!

I've never messed around with the basic dredge as it's just so dang good this way. Feel free to experiment though and let us know :mrgreen:

Back