THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr. Bo

is one Smokin' Farker
In route to the store this morning I remembered a restaurant where I used to live called The Cabbage Patch. The food was always great but one of my favorites was a chicken fajita spud. Those thoughts made me want one pretty bad. So, I picked up some fajita sliced chicken breast strips, marinade and some nice baking potatoes while at the store.
Once I made it back home, I mixed the marinade and added juice from a couple of limes before adding the chicken. The bowl went to the fridge for about 3 hours before grilling. The baking potatoes were washed and rubbed down with butter before wrapping in foil and being placed in a 350 degree oven. The Teflon coated (coating started coming off the first use) non-stick griddle I bought at Lowes was rubbed down with some EVOO and put on the grill to heat up. Here's a shot of the chicken fajitas on the grill......

dscf2053.jpg

%3E

The baked potato is split open and filled with grated cheese, the grilled chicken fajitas, chopped green onions. Then topped with more cheese and home made salsa. Served with a side garden salad and a couple of green onions.
I have to say that this was one tasty meal.

dscf2058.jpg

I love the sound of that! Added to the never ending list of things to try! Thanks for sharing.

That does look and sound tasty!! Thanks for sharing. :-D

Hey it even looks half healthy. My wife doesn't like taters but she might go for that.

I love potatoes just about any way you can cook em. But this is the only way I can eat them without salt, pepper, gravy or catsup.

Back