Chicken and Skewered Veggies Dinner

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I was at the market the other day and noticed some premade Veggie Skewers. Mushrooms, Onion, Red & Green Peppers, Zucchini, Summer Squash. An excellent idea for an upcoming meal, but I'm not about to buy premade skewers.

Tonight was Veggie Skewer night, to which my wife asked "No protein?" :becky: OK, add in some Chicken Thighs.

Skewers with mixed veggies look all colorful and pretty but they have different cooking times. So these won't look pretty but they'll be cooked to the same doneness.

Precook the potatoes, then put those and the thighs on the Goldens'. After 15 to 20 minutes, add the rest of the skewers -

ZVhDBem.jpg

nmmsqQi.jpg

Chicken temps are at 175F, veggies and potatoes are done. It's time to eat -

tUh07w1.jpg

LDF1EZf.jpg

Nothing out of the ordinary here, just a good weeknight Chicken, Potato and Veggies dinner -

B7vdyI4.jpg

a1YOh77.jpg

3G8KJDy.jpg

Thanks for checking out tonight's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

Another deep ball from Dom. I like the generous number of shrooms. So good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lots of things to love there! Nice variety and execution, I would be all over that meal. Nicely done.

You ate well, how do you find those flexible skewers?
I gave mine away

You ate well, how do you find those flexible skewers?
I gave mine away

Thanks.

I've had these since getting the Bubba Keg back in 2010 or so.. They're easy to load up and hold quite a bit. Normally I have them in a circular pattern on the grill, which is essential on a Kamado. With the ends hanging outside the dome lid, they stay cool and allow me to grab them bare handed for turning and repositioning.

I find that straight skewers are limiting since only the center portion of the grill can be used.

Cleanup is easy as they're stainless steel and can go in the dishwasher if necessary.

Back