THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mine hero er uh... My Hero.

Cheers- cold front coming.

Thanks Adams! Today was a cut-off shorts day. Looks like I'll have to get out my parka tomorrow. :-D

I see you brought cholula to the party. Not sure why you even brought the other sauces if thats the case :)

I love cholula. lol It's one of my favorites. Thanks! :-D

Holy cow Jeanie or should I say holy pig... I don't believe there is anything you can't do. Those Chicharrones look incredible.

Thanks Bill! These are addicting. I keep a bag full, ready to fry, on hand. :becky:

Love that! Pork skins are magical, methinks. Beer too, for that matter. Nicely done, Jeanie!

Thanks Greg! I think they are magical too. :-D

Good stuff there.

Thank you Sir! I'm pretty sure they aren't the healthiest thing to eat but I love them every so often. :-D

Oh wow! Yum!!

Thanks Neighbor! Hope the cold front doesn't reach your area!

Looks like a great snack/meal, Jeanie. I love Cholula, but a variety of sauces is always nice.
Thank you! It was nice interesting tasting several sauces. Cholula is still one of my favorites.

Nicely done! Now I know what I'm snacking on tonight :)
Great!! Can't go wrong with pork skins and beer. Thanks! :-D

Looks like a perfectly good supper to me!

Thanks Chris! I like the way you think. :thumb::-D

Nicely done! Got a picnic to smoke and will be following your lead on the skin.

Great, Blue! I let the skins dry in the oven on the lowest setting. About 170F.
They get brittle, and I break off pieces to fry. Good luck with yours. Thanks!

Looks great Jeanie!

Thanks Joe! Hope you're ready for the cold front too. :-D

Oh yeah, one of my favorites... I squeeze a little lime juice in addition to the hot sauce (love hearing them crackle). yum yum
Me too!! Lime goes so well with these. I think that's why I love the Cholula Chili Lime sauce... it's a natural. Thanks!

That's lovely Jeanie. I saved the skin off the leg from my ham. I just need to get to it.
Can't wait to see your cook Neighbor! Hope your having a great weekend so far! :-D

that looks good ..is it like a cracklin?

These are pork rinds, pork skins, chicharrons. Cracklins are what you get when rendering lard. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178866
They are great in cornbread... well, great in anything! imo. Thanks!

d519c5c4-4954-4fe4-af2c-f5e26b8d0011_zpsb46b1be7.jpg

25a1ce17-c9ab-445a-b0cb-b1f2617c0b32_zpsf2c0ec28.jpg

I think I just fainted, slap me please. Beautiful Jeanie.

Thanks Marty! :-D

Love it, Jeanie!

Great eats with some cold suds.:-D

Thanks John!

Nice cook jeanie!

With all the wind we've been having I've had to resort to using the machine shed to cook in.

Great idea, Norm! The wind has been brutal. I'm keeping rocks in my pockets so I won't blow away. Thanks! :-D

Thanks Jeanie! I've got skin in the freezer I'm going to get out right now.

Great Gary! Hope you take pics. I dry the skin til it's brittle. It stores well in baggies and I can break off pieces to fry. Good luck with it. Thanks!

Good Lord!

Pork skins AND beer!

Awesome...just awesome.:thumb:

Thank you Pat! :thumb:

Looks like a great way to start the weekend! Prosit!

Thanks Charles! Kind of a finger food meal for me. :-D

WOW. They look great.

I never had them but I love cracklins.

Cracklins are whats left after pressing lard. No skin. Basically fat and small bits of meat.

Thanks Adam! I think you would probably like these. Anything pork related and fried is pretty tasty. imo. :-D

I buy a lot of picnics but only cook a few at a time.

Would the skin work after being frozen?

Sitting here with a Shiner thinking about some of those pillows of pork goodness in a bowl of green chile Stew. Amen.

Sitting here with a Shiner thinking about some of those pillows of pork goodness in a bowl of green chile Stew. Amen.

Yum! That would be perfect this weekend. Sounds like it's going to be pretty cold!

Back