ChefsChoice Sharpener - Amazon Deal of the Day $99

Man that's tempting! Does anyone have one? Is it worth it?

I tried to search and there were some threads that mentioned various Chefschoice models. Feedback was they were good for standard knives but not for the Asian brands that have different angles...

feedback on Amazon is close to 5 stars for all the different chefchoice models i looked at...

Be aware that this will convert your knife over to 15 degree triple bevel edge.

• Combines the strength and durability of the Trizor edge with the flawless, ultra-sharp 15ºXV technology
  • Ideal for converting traditional 20 degree factory edges of household knives into high performance Trizor XV edges
Stage 1: Diamond abrasives on the conical disks in Stage 1 create extremely fine ‘micro-grooves’ on the facets on both sides of the edge. It simultaneously creates the first major bevel of the arch-shaped edge at about a 15 degree angle. These micro-grooves on the edge facets give the knife more ‘bite’.
Stage 2: Even finer diamond abrasives on the conical disks in Stage 2 shape the second and smaller bevel of the arch-shaped edge simultaneously creating even finer micro-grooves on the second bevel of the razor-sharp edge (at a slightly larger angle).
Stage 3: uses the patented flexible abrasive stropping disk system―a high-tech version of the barber strop to create a microscopically smooth, non-serrated ultra-sharp edge. It creates the third and still smaller bevel of the arch-shaped edge. The stropping action of Stage 3 further polishes the micro-grooves, formed on the edge facets in Stages 1 and 2, to create micro-flutes along the edges of the micro-grooves that assist in the cutting action of an edge of unprecedented sharpness, performance and durability.

I've got one of the older Chef's Choice 120s. I'll use it for my cheaper everyday knives and it does a good enough job. I've got a Shun Kramer and a Henckels Kramer that I won't use it on - those got to a professional sharpener.

Back