THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mrs B

Full Fledged Farker
So yesterday was Tom B's bday. I had big plans to make him a decadent peanut butter chocolate cake. Well he told me I was not allowed to make a cake for his birthday. Tom banned cake for the day. :shocked: (Kinda selfish, I love peanut butter and chocolate cake. Almost like my wishes don't matter on his bday?) Apparently we are trying to eat healthier. :boxing: But.... He didn't say anything about pie.
JolQ8c7.jpg

SO I didn't think soon enough to take pics of the fresh cherries bubbling on the stove. Or me mixing the homemade pie dough, But here is what I have.
kt0wHgi.jpg

Tom got home right when it was too late to turn back. His comment was "there
is a reason bakers wear white".
So I read how to do a lattice top, than brushed egg wash and sprinkled turbinado raw sugar on it.
OHM0TFH.jpg

I put her in the Mak, or "The General" as I prefer to call him for about 55 minutes at 350.
LxNXhXJ.jpg

Almost there
M8Vtuf2.jpg

And took her out
QGCIXyG.jpg

I am NOT a pie maker but turned out ok and it was fun.
Happy Birthday Tom B
afOygH8.jpg

Yeah he didn't actually eat a whole piece but he tried it. It def didn't suck.

I'm sure no one would complain about that pie Stephanie. Happy Bday to Tom!

Good to so you posting again. :clap2:

Back