Cheers Brtothers ! FEAR THE PIG !

What sort of other dishes / preparations were you up against? It must have been tough, with such wide open rules for the contest. Looking at the event rules, my impression is that there's no definitive target for the final dish when the rules allow for just about any sort of entry with the provided meats.

Is there such as thing as a typical Belgian BBQ style, like we have KC style or the various North Carolina styles of Q?

The World BBQ Associations regulations ususally give the teams 5 categorys for a competition.
This year it was fish ( Claresse, a newly available breeding of catfish), poultry ( 4 chickens of ~ 2 pounds), pork ( boneless pork butt), Beef ( Striploin) and Dessert ( this year with belgian chocolate as a main ingredient).

The meat, fish and chocolate are provided to the teams by the organizers and the teams have to use the provided material for the main part of the category wich is controlled by WBQA people on site wich are incognito.
Teams are fully free to do whatever they come up with as long as they use the supplied material as a main ingredient and can bring additional food, side dishes and so on as they like.
All the food has to come off a grill or Smoker.

DM

Got to get you guys over here, hook you up with some folding chairs, a cooler with one busted wheel, radio with a broke off antenna with a coat hanger stuck in it for reception, bag of stale pretzels, T-shirts with BBQ sauce stains and introduce you to the dark side of BBQ!

Well, it looks like we´ll be there for the Jack in 2009 ! 8)

DM

a

Thats sweet DM..........By the looks of most of your post, I am really not surprised!!!

and more pictures...

the BBQ-area, Primo US-Team and a happy Caruso :mrgreen:

Attachments

• wm1.jpg
    wm1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 65
  • wm2.jpg
    wm2.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 65
  • wm3.jpg
    wm3.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 65
  • wm083.jpg
    wm083.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 65
Congratulations Don Marco and Team!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
I am so impressed that we have a World BBQ champ amongst our midst. But this should hardly be surprising as your postings have always been 1st class. The high-calibre Q and PRON that you and others have been posting have certainly helped to raise the bar on this site. Thank you!!! :biggrin:

Congrats! Your food always looks great. I look forward to seeing your comp pics, Plating it like a real meal, instead of just put into a box with some green stuff, Looks so much nicer.

Congrates to your whole team

Hey! That doesn't look like kcbs regulation garnish.

It looks great! Congratulations!

Congratulations, DM and team!!!!!
You deserve it! Beautiful food and presentations.
Another Brethern makes us proud!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back