THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Craig
I confess that most of my posts lately have been prompted by the throwdowns. I like the throwdowns because they force me to stretch myself and cook outside the box. I guess.

My first time using Oakridge BBQ JAH LOVE Jamaican jerk seasoning.
Some chunks of pork loin marinated for 6+ hours in the slurry.
Got some char on the direct side and finished indirect to around 148...

Then while the pork rests.
Some hot roasted Hatch peppers sauteed in some butter.
Add some oil and fry my potatoes in the seasoned oil.

And notice...No veggies. With the Mrs. gone I just do it my way. Plenty of time for veggies when she returns.

And that's it. Jerk pork and Hatch fried spuds.

Thanks for checking it out.

Pork looks great! What am I looking at below the grate though? I can see ashed over charcoal in part of the grill but in the one section under the pork there are parallel lines?

Pork looks great! What am I looking at below the grate though? I can see ashed over charcoal in part of the grill but in the one section under the pork there are parallel lines?

Just the charcoal grate. Lighting from the flash playing tricks I guess.

Cooked the pork with B&B oak briqs. First bag of them for me. I kinda like em. But they are pricy.

Back