THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
Here is some of what I call "Cheater Pulled Pork" that I cooked on the UDS today.

CheaterPulledPork_1_1.jpg

The recipe can be had here.

John

P.S. Other than a really quick cook, another advantage is that you get tons of bark.

To be honest I have about 6 pounds of those going on the smoker in a couple of hours, I do them a little different, but you end up with a lot of "pulled pork" that looks and tastes a lot like burnt ends, you get a ton of crust from these.........

This would be a good method for small amounts of PP for those that have neither the patience, or a cooker equipped for a long smoke. Great job.

I do them around 250 to 300, it's the wrapping them in foil that make them so tender. Sweetbay has them on sale all the time for like 85 cents a pound, my wifes says they have to much fat, so several times ago I tried the 3-2-1 method on them and they come out just like 16 hour butts, (almost) only more crust because of more surface area. I always hand sort my pork anyways to get as much fat as possible out, I just put 6 pounds of them on the Weber's, had so many had to fire up the 18 inch rescued kettle, I'll post some pictures when they are done.

Back