Charcoal Finishing Grill

You should have no problem fitting all the chicken on a weber unless you are cokking a huge amount that is what I cook my chicken on from beginning to end for comps and I don't have any issue with space.

If you want to do it on the backwood at home I will remove the water pan using welding gloves that will make the temps jump up to 350 easily, You just have to be careful because that sucker is hot and boiling water/grease getting splashed on your pants and shoes hurt (don't ask how I know).

That Klose sliding grill got me spoiled. Could finish all the chicken, and all the ribs with no space issues. Also, liked the adjustable height on the grill. Getting the coals just right didn't matter, you could just raise up the grill to get the right temp.

Yep - The Klose slide-out unit is sweet.

DSC01595-1.jpg

That being said, a half-drum with expanded metal for the cooking grate works pretty good too :wink:

The Piglet has the heat diverter, but I was told to not cook with the water pan empty to prevent burn through?!?! Is it okay to 'dump' the water and finish at high temp without the worry of burn through?

I do it all the time. I know other BWS users do the same for baking (Old Dave on the BWS site for instance).

Will not be a problem, especially with the heat diverter in place. I run an empty water pan and let the cooker go ~500* for cooking pizzas.

Back