THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Champion pitmaster's lip-smacking barbecue is inspired by her father's legacy.
https://www.courierpostonline.com/s...ti-mount-laurel-blazes-trail-women/698531002/

635824037800659312-Alyson-2011-N-Wildwood.JPG

In 2017, she and her crew landed the coveted honor in the juried competition after two successive runner’s-up honors.

The jury includes three official Kansas City Barbecue Society judges, who strictly score entrants on taste, texture and appearance.

Not only was she the first woman ever to do so over the festival’s eight-year history, she was just a day shy of 25 at the time.

It was a formative experience. From the time she was 8, Lupinetti served as her dad’s right-hand woman at competitions, according to her mom, Lynne. One of her superpowers: the ability to stay up late, watching the fragrant cloud that wafted from their Ole Hickory pit smoker mingle with moonlight. Every so often, she’d feed in a bit of homegrown Jersey hickory, putting a local twist on their North Carolina-style meat.

I remember when she and her dad went up against Bobby Flay on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" back in 2006 then hearing how he had passed shortly thereafter. Good on her for keeping the legacy alive and for establishing her own legacy.

That is a cool story. Hopefully one of these days, my daughter (12) and son (3) and any future kids, will enjoy Q like i do!

That is a cool story. Hopefully one of these days, my daughter (12) and son (3) and any future kids, will enjoy Q like i do!

You'll be surprised on what they are drawn to and what they will remember. Make their time helping you a fun and memorable moment.

I remember when she and her dad went up against Bobby Flay on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" back in 2006 then hearing how he had passed shortly thereafter. Good on her for keeping the legacy alive and for establishing her own legacy.

Butch was quite a character and was a mentor to many....

Here is an article I wrote on her legacy back in 2013
http://issue13.smokesignalsmagazine.com/

Starting on Page 34

Back