Catering insurance.

P

PollardsVision

I'm getting closer to getting everything set-up for catering, trying to get everything set for the 1st of July.
I'll be starting with smaller events (25-75) and growing from there.

-Got the HD application process going and that seems to be going well, though I'm sure there will be hiccups along the way.

-Thanks to billm in one of other threads, I found some Carlisle end loaders at a good price ($170 @ equippers.com) that'll be here Friday.

-Luckily, I've got a Sam's about 2 miles away.

I need to start looking for an insurance policy. What companies provide it? Do you guys have any recommendations of some places to start looking?

auto owners. There's a thread in this section with all kinds of comments on insurance. Just need to search

Thanks guys. I'll start with my auto provider and go from there.

I got a $1M liability umbrella from our auto folks for $180 for the year.

How many of the Carlisle units did you order and which model? I've got two to start with myself, not sure if I will need more or less but that felt right to me based on the casual jobs I've done.

I got a $1M liability umbrella from our auto folks for $180 for the year.

How many of the Carlisle units did you order and which model? I've got two to start with myself, not sure if I will need more or less but that felt right to me based on the casual jobs I've done.

I got 2 as well. That's what I can afford for now and I'll be starting with pretty small jobs.

I have 1mill general liability from the Hartford and can give you the contact of my agent, granted I do contacted telcom work gen liability is gen liability. This agent is very good and might even be able to find you someone in your area.

Regards,
J

I suggest if you do any events with alcohol you may want to just start with an insurance policy for hte general liability with a liquour rider. I started with a general then we went to a facility that required that I have liquer lability insurance in addition to my general liability. The facility would provide one for 150.00 for the day but I found to wrap it into one I provide an additional service and then we dont need a day alcohol permit from the state and the facilities fee. Just a suggestion.

Big Mike
Flying Barracuda

I have "The Hartford" as well...(liability)...very reasonable rates and very good service. The'll give you a quote over the internet...easy peasy...:cool:

call Steve Raab from Fat Angel BBQ, he does The hartford and many other companies. I have multiple companies insured through him and he is the best easiest agent ever. One call and its done. 1-646-823-3247 Tell him I sent you. Matt from Jacked Up BBQ

Back