THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the tenderized sirloin is the diesmillo
They are not going to be in a regular butcher shop. They are specific to Mexican butchers. Some of the asada cuts I have seen in butcher shops are very unique. I have seen one that looks a lot like scallops of briskets, some that look like tenderized sirloin.

Ok the "ranchera is a skirt steak but usually cut thinner and much wider...So just get your regular skirt steak and fillet it almost all the way through just leaving enough to keep the 2 pieces together. diesmillo I don't know exactly...more a steak cut real thin...hope this helps

Nice. Never thought of butterflying a skirt. Now I will ;)

The "ranchera" cut is the best from the mexican butchers or "diesmillo" cut is good...and any marinated from the mexican butcher or home made with orange juice...that's the main thing missed by "gringo's"...lol
your exactly right! I've been there when they have made the marinade and they use Tampico juice(a citrus blend) I have also seen them use Sunny D too and Five alive also would work good too.

Turned out great! Sorry, no pron or leftovers....

Thanks again guys, now I'm off to research chicken thighs for dinner (it's my day off)...:-D

Back