Carne Asada w/ Oakridge Santa Maria...Question

celrodtx

Knows what a fatty is.
After reading on the site about the support given to a fellow brethren by the folks at Oakridge BBQ, I decided to purchase a couple of rubs, the Santa Maria rub & the Carne Crosta rub. After perusing the recipe section on the Oakridge site, I can't wait to do the Carne Asada Tacos with the Oakridge Santa Maria rub.

Here is my question...the recipe shows him cooking his steaks over his Weber kettle. Do you think quality results could be accomplished cooking on a Blackstone? This is the method I would prefer, but I also worry about the rub just burning. I have both and can do either, I am just seeking input from some of you experienced brethren.

Thanks!!!

I've cooked Asada via both methods with good results.

If I'm cooking a bigger piece of meat, and then cutting it up, I'll do it on the kettle.

If I'm cooking carne para tacos that's already cut into smaller bites/bits, I much prefer to do it on the griddle.

Either way, enjoy and throw some Pr0n our way if you can!

Thanks for the business, celrodtx! You can do it either way with excellent results. And, don't worry about the seasoning burning. That's actually what you want to happen, at least a little. The char on the outside is what really makes the Santa Maria carne asada shine, in my opinion. So, put the spurs to it and don't worry.

:thumb: :thumb:

I agree. Put the spurs to it. The Carne Crosta is outstanding as a char/coating on steaks and chops. I love the stuff. Its my go to rub now.
The Santa Maria is my #2 go to rub right behind it.
Can't go wrong

The Carne Crosta is outstanding as a char/coating on steaks and chops. I love the stuff. Its my go to rub now.
The Santa Maria is my #2 go to rub right behind it.
Can't go wrong

Whether you wear spurs or not... I like to combine the two with a 50/50 measure, and it's my #1.5 rub! :twitch:

Can't go wrong, indeed.

Back