Carlisle / Cambro-Local or internet

We load up a full hotel pan with Ice and put it on the top self. I normally bring my brisket and ribs slightly (not hard) frozen, my chicken hard frozen, and my pork completely thawed. Coldest stuff toward the top. Keeps everything below 40* until needed.

When it's time to transition over to a warm cambro, we boil up some water and put it on the bottom level for about 15-30 minutes.

Instead of the pain of water. When you take your first big cut off, loosen foil and put in Cambro. After your desired time for 'cooling'. Take it out and wrap back up and put back into Cambro. It will be warmed up from the cooling or resting.....

Yep. Thats where I got mine a few weeks back. Works great and was better price than my local RD.

Ditto....bought two of 'em and some hotels pans......cheapest place I found with shipping.....other places seem to gouge you on shipping

Hey Shane,
I was told Grand Champion pitmasters could afford to spend big bucks on a cambro!!!
But seriously, I have 2, 1 from Chef Toys and 1 from the Restaurant Depot...both cost around 200 (after shipping from CT and tax from RD)...probably one of the best investments I've made this year....works head and shoulders better than an ice chest, and the best thing is, it improved the quality of my bbq from lower third to middle of the pack!!!!I searched on CL for a long time, and opted to pull the trigger and bite the bullet on the more expensive new cambro...it's an investment you won't regret...btw, good luck at Sedalia!!!

Hey Shane,
I was told Grand Champion pitmasters could afford to spend big bucks on a cambro!!!
But seriously, I have 2, 1 from Chef Toys and 1 from the Restaurant Depot...both cost around 200 (after shipping from CT and tax from RD)...probably one of the best investments I've made this year....works head and shoulders better than an ice chest, and the best thing is, it improved the quality of my bbq from lower third to middle of the pack!!!!I searched on CL for a long time, and opted to pull the trigger and bite the bullet on the more expensive new cambro...it's an investment you won't regret...btw, good luck at Sedalia!!!
Thanks Artie! I got a new Carlisle last week for $180 and look forward to trying it out this weekend.

Back