Canopy

Chris, Good move. That's what I have. Order online and get the ones for $225. They have steel post and I think will hold up better. A little heavier than the aluminum frames that come with the ones you buy in the store. The only thing I didn't like were the bags they come in. Very tight fit and I the wheel tore away from the base after a few uses - so be careful when you pull them along. I ended up ordering larger Caravan bags which allow me to keep the canopy on when I fold it up.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll swing by in Salisbury and hopefully can buy some of your sauce.

Just wondering, are the canopies you all are talking abour for $200 plus better than the ones at Walmart?

They just don't hold up for me. You probably take better care of em than I do tho. I've also found myself in poor weather too many times so I'm willing to spend the extra $$.

canopys

Great info everyone. We have used three EZ-ups we got from Sports Authority for about three years and two of them are held together by duct tape. Will be looking to upgrade to a better product.

Just wondering, are the canopies you all are talking abour for $200 plus better than the ones at Walmart? Or is there a reason you don't use the Walmart ones? I have three of them, the brand name is First Act. They usually cost between $79 - $89. I have had them for two years and are still in good shape except one has a little wind damage.

I have a Caravan, an Ez-up and a first up from Walmart. That is exactly how they rate in quality. The Ez-up doesn't even raise up high enough to keep me from bumping my head on the rails.

And the Caravan main office is about 20 minutes from my house so I can pick up parts without paying shipping.

Black Canopies ?

I've been through more than a dozen of EZ ups, sometimes two a year....there seemed to be a bad batch one year that kept ripping at the corner where the reinforcement pads rest under the tent top. I've yet to meet an EZ up that didn't leak in a torrential downpour.....we have used our 10 x 20 "garage" type tent whenever possible, it NEVER leaks...

This year we'd really like to find a dark brown or black tent. I see Canadians out on the circuit with them and they seem to be strong, leakproof and some have double points on the top of the larger ones. Anyone know where to find these ?

I.we have used our 10 x 20 "garage" type tent whenever possible, it NEVER leaks...

I have one of those too, very solid. If the weather forecast is lousy it is usually worth the extra effort to haul/set it up. I'll be bringing that if I cook Dover this year :lol:

Back