Can you name the top 10 brands of competition smokers?

Look at it another way. Try taking a Toyota Tercel into a corner at 60mph versus the Ferrari. Fact is, a Ferrari will handle better and get you in and outta situations quicker - the Toyata would land you in the weeds if not completely outta the race.

If a pit holds temp better, it will certainly produce a better product in my opinion, and that may be interpreted as making you a better cook.

I'm justifying my own purchase here... :-D

:thumb: Get a Jambo! :clap2:

EDIT: Wait a minute, you have a Klose! Why would you want better than that ($$$?) Do you compete?

Here's my opinion, and I am a little biased so take it for what's it's worth. First of all, I have owned and have a lot of experience with just about anything out there including Lang, FEC100, BGE. I started competing last May, when I can, and got tired of sporadic finishes while the teams with the Jambos were kicking my ass. So I started looking at them real hard. I also looked at a ton of other pits. I wanted a true stick burner and I wanted an offset. I also wanted a insulated firebox and a lid with a counter balance. I found all that and more in my Peoria. Pretty much dialed in from the get go. I ordered a lot of extra features like stainless steel stacks, racks and dual temp gauges. 1/4' in steel except firebox dbl with insulated between. Sweet pit for the money. The build and design are superb.

pitmaker also mackes a offset smaker that can be trailer mounted, its called the sniper.

As far as stick burners:

1. Jambo
2. Lang
3. Yoder
4. Klose
5. East Texas Smoker Company
6. Gator Pits
7. Meadow Creek

If money was unlimited, it would be a Jambo. One of the best all around though is the Lang, which would be my pick on a budget.

Back