Can someone please explain Webber Kettles to me?

Good explanation, but just to clear things up a little, the current models are...
One-Touch Platinum -- A One-Touch Gold with a small side table.

Performer - Same as the One-Touch gold, but with a really fancy table/cart and a propane lighter.
Clear as mud?

As of 2013 the Platinum has been discontinued. The older ones had a single table and the most recent (still available on Amazon) have twin tables.

The Performer now comes in three models with different size tables and the top of the line still includes gas assist.

Older performers have stainless steel tables. Most included gas assist but some did not.

If I were to have only one kettle, it would be the 26.75. You can fit big stuff in them. A cajun bandit rotisserie ring would also be a good alternative. Of course if you watch CL you can eventually find the more common sizes at ridiculous prices (both high and low.)

Hope this helps!

As of 2013 the Platinum has been discontinued. The older ones had a single table and the most recent (still available on Amazon) have twin tables.

The Performer now comes in three models with different size tables and the top of the line still includes gas assist.

Older performers have stainless steel tables. Most included gas assist but some did not.

If I were to have only one kettle, it would be the 26.75. You can fit big stuff in them. A cajun bandit rotisserie ring would also be a good alternative. Of course if you watch CL you can eventually find the more common sizes at ridiculous prices (both high and low.)

Hope this helps!

IIRC, the Cajun bandit rotisserie ring is only available for a 22.5 kettle. I have one, and LOVE it.

I hope we have helped the OP, and not just made him more confused.

CD

IIRC, the Cajun bandit rotisserie ring is only available for a 22.5 kettle. I have one, and LOVE it.
CD

Yes, it is only for the 22.5. What I was trying to say (but was not very clear about) was that to handle big things, either a 26.75 or 22.5+CB rotisserie ring would be good.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Watch CL for a Performer with Stainless Steel table and gas assist. Usually, less than $100.00. You will not be disappointed. I own 3. Why? They are the most durable and versatile charcoal grill ever made.

Back