Cameron, MO (June 30 - July 1)

Damn, the price of a Spicewine cooker just went up...again!!

WTG......maybe you have been paying attention.....
Guess I need to go back to work on the brisket, sounds like you and Rod are serious this year!

Gary, it's amazing the number of people who check this thing out. I was cleaning up before the awards today and looked over to see a guy with a pen and paper writing down Jay's info off the spicewine sticker on the smoker! I had one guy who probably brought 5-6 different people down to see it. I'm thinking of making a repeating video to set up and explain everything and highlight the features so we can get things done! :lol: :lol:

And yes, I've paid a lot of attention to all you experienced vets over the last year! :wink: Thanks!

Just wanted to show our work and rewards!

Attachments

• pork turn-in.jpg
    pork turn-in.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 46
  • brisket turn-in champion.jpg
    brisket turn-in champion.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 46
  • jeff and tammy with ribbons.jpg
    jeff and tammy with ribbons.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 47
That is an innovative and professional Pork box. Would have gotten good numbers from me. Well done.

Now, I gotta figure out how to get that much bark around that much circumference of some pork.

Congrats again.

TIM

Good Farkin Deal Jeff & Tammy!!!!!!! Sounds like you guys did awesome Jeff!! (Tammy my wife says I screw everything up too). I wish I could have made it up there Friday, (legal crap) now I cannot say I helped! Jeff, I am extremely happy for you!

Way to Rod and Jeff - that's awesome!!

Jeff, very nice pork presentation. What's that - the "money" muscle? It's nice to take home more money than you spent, huh?

Rod - what can I say - this really is your year!!

MoKanMeathead said:
Way to Rod and Jeff - that's awesome!!

Jeff, very nice pork presentation. What's that - the "money" muscle? It's nice to take home more money than you spent, huh?

Rod - what can I say - this really is your year!!

Yep, that's it, Wayne... I TRY to slice around it a bit (sometimes it's not easy to differentiate from the surrounding muscle) when I'm prepping it to give a little more bark/smoke ring then when we hide the non-smoked side as much as possible when "shingling" the slices. Oh yeah... it IS nice to come out ahead on an occasional contest. I don't expect it but it's nice. Basically, it just assured us that we can finish out our 2006 schedule we had planned. :grin:

Way to go Brothers. Glad to see you are staying consitient up there in the stratosphere Rod!

Jeff- Congrats, those are some great scores in a great field of cookers!!
Good looking trays, I wanna see the pic of that farked up rib tray.... see if it's a rough as you make it out to be. ;o) Way to go on your brisket. Let us know if you did the 50/50 mix on the injection you had talked about.

Yep Andy... I did but it's not quite 50/50. I just made up the injection recipe as it's called for then dumped in an extra cup of beef broth, a half cup of water and a half cup of the Fab. I also simmer it even though the recipe doesn't call for cooking the beef one.

Yep Racer, it wasn't pretty. She was already pissed at me for forgetting to bring the fatties she put out in the fridge. But she forgot all that with our winnings AND I let her go up to claim our first ever blue ribbon. It was the first time she would ever take the walk and she got a huge kick out of it!

Way to go Jeff! I love the Pork presentation. I hope I can get my brisket up to par like yours by august.

Bigmista said:
Way to go Jeff! I love the Pork presentation. I hope I can get my brisket up to par like yours by august.

Dude, you're a knowledgeable chef... I'm just a guy living in the sticks who stumbled on a good process to cook my brisket! You'll rock no doubt!

Back