**Cajun Bandit Kettle Conversion w/Rotisserie mod & Chicken PRON**

So is this....

pop%20up%20squirrel%20cajun%20bandit.jpg

I got this pic from a guy who likes to smoke Pop Up Squirrels...:icon_cool

:lol::lol::lol:...you are outta control bro! :twisted:

jrb03, i was just thinking the same thing about the performer, im pretty tall, but would still need an 8ft step ladder to get in that thing.
Swamprb - where did you score that rotisserie basket, i need one!!!

If the rig was too tall on the performaer maybe you could get one of those "Pop Up Squirrels" to check things out inside the kettle and report back down to you?

Or cut the legs off the performer?

Wow Swamp, I didn't even see this thread.

How did the bandit cook? Do you like it?

I get to order mine today!

I've been thinking of this as an alternative to a UDS and WSM, so I can make my OTS even more versatile. It looks like a winner.

Thanks for the review Brian!

I know this an old thread and this may be a dumb question, but I've never used a WSM and I was wondering what is the advantage of converting a performer or Weber OneTouch into an WSM with the Cajun Bandit? Is it cost?

Thanks,
John

I know this an old thread and this may be a dumb question, but I've never used a WSM and I was wondering what is the advantage of converting a performer or Weber OneTouch into an WSM with the Cajun Bandit? Is it cost?

Thanks,
John

I would say that cost is a factor, but since you haven't cooked on a WSM the Cajun Bandit does what Weber should have done -

If you have a Kettle, the lid fits over the bowl whereas the WSM's the lid fits into the center section. So if you wanted to use a WSM as a grill, the lid just sort of balances on the firebowl.

Say you have a Performer or OTG with the Weber Rotisserie ring-you cannot use it on the 22" WSM. The charcoal grates are sized differently for the 22" kettle and the big bullet, so in a sense Weber sucks you into buying 2 cookers.

If you are just a backyard cooker and don't want a lot of cookers cluttering up your deck (and signature) and want to do a little bit more with your Weber, then I would seriously consider the Cajun Bandit kettle conversion.

IMG_2096.jpg

Back