Cajun Bandit 18.5 rotisserie for Kettle/WSM

cookingdude555

Full Fledged Farker
So my Cajun Bandit rotisserie for the 18.5" Kettle/WSM arrived today.

Roti.jpg

I am impressed with it, I am excited to spin a few birds on it this weekend using my Jumbo Joe from Target.

I bought the 18.5 because I do not have anymore 22.5 kettles (at least at my house, they are strategically located an places that require grilling sometimes :biggrin1:). I didn't want the 26.75 because that just seems too big, for now anyway. And I wanted to be able to take this thing with me, the 26.75 doesn't travel that well in my trunk.

My question focuses around how many birds can fit on this thing? I thought it would be two, but now I am beginning to wonder. I searched all over and most people have the 22.5 Roti, and that easily fits two birds. I will find out for sure Sunday, but I thought I would solicit opinions.

What do you think brethren, how many chickens can fit on a 18.5" rotisserie?

I'm guessing one bird. I can fit 2 on my 22.5" rotis, and there isn't a lot of room after that, so it seems like the 18.5 would do 1.

I didn't know they made those for the 18.5 - I have a Jumbo Joe, while I don't really need one of these, I sure do want one! A tabletop rotis - how cool is that?

Thanks gtr. Yeah the tabletop idea pushed me to get it. I've been thinking, I might try two birds with the rod going through the ribs instead of the head and butt. Might give me more room. We will see.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Maybe you could squeeze 3 game hens on there, I've been looking at the rotisserie or the rib o later for my 22.5 wsm, would like to see some pics when you get it up and running.

Got it put together with the jumbo joe. I will post a few picks from Sundays cook.

20140911_202222.jpg

Sorry if the pic is sideways. Doing this from my phone.

That looks cool. I would recommend flipping it around, before you use it.

Matt

Do you mean the rotisserie on the kettle? Or gravity? :biggrin1: It flips over for use on the WSM.

After a lot of thinking, I may end up flipping it and just using it on the WSM after all. This way if the birds are shoulder to shoulder instead of head to butt, they will have more room to spin in the bigger lid of the WSM. I am not sure the Jumbo Joe lid clearance is large enough for a bird to spin in standing position.

I was only able to fit 2 on my 22.5 cajun bandit. Didn't have much room left. Maybe if they are smaller birds you could do 2. My birds were about 5lbs each I think.

I was only able to fit 2 on my 22.5 cajun bandit. Didn't have much room left. Maybe if they are smaller birds you could do 2. My birds were about 5lbs each I think.

Thanks B. I am kind of thinking one bird may do for this one. Now that I have the portable rotisserie to take with the JJ, its time to get one to stay at home with the 26.75 OTG! :clap2:

I guarantee you that you can spin 2 six lb birds on there.... 1000% sure.

Spinning two today with the jumbo joe.

Last edited:
Jumbo Joe Rotisserie

It will be kinda tight but I think you can get two birds on the 18-1/2 rotisserie setup. That is sure a nice accessory for that little cooker..love mine.

DSC03230.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

Did my last one in the rain.

Back