By The Pound VS Per person ?

NascarFanTom19

Knows what a fatty is.
Ive been playing with my prices for a while and I have not found the formula that just works with any BBQ request. Ive been doing it per person and as long as they keep it two meats and two sides my prices are pretty good but as they add i just become too expensive. So Im thinking about selling my meat by the pound and sell my sides by the tray. If they want one meat I will recommend how many pounds they would need and let them customize their order to meet their budget.

The way Ive been charging As they add more meats and sides they just end up with a lot of food. But it can be expensive as they are paying for it. Some have it down as they add meat they get less of each meat. I dont think I ever perfected that part and gave them way too much and end result was too expensive.

How many of you charge per pound and per gallon, tray or whatever? What can you say about doing it that way.

if they got one meat how much oz would you recommend per person and how would that drop as you added. I want to see how others do it. I'm close to changing my prices again and this time I think I will book more jobs as my prices would not be as much as I was charging per person.

Thanks for the help!

We do by the person. There are places around here that do it by the Lb. Price wise I would think you would need to come out similar either way based on cooking the same amount of food.

Back