Butterfly Chicken Pron

Decided to go with the most popular response on what to do with the chicken leftovers so Courtney and I made a chicken pot pie tonight. It was so easy to make and absolutely delicious with a very nice smoky flavor. There is still more chicken in the fridge so there will be more leftovers pron to come.

Attachments

• IMG_1784.jpg
    IMG_1784.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1785.jpg
    IMG_1785.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 34
I think the leftover potpie looks better than the orginal chicken...I know what I am making for dinner Thursday.

i take the leftover meat from my smoked/bbq chickens and make a quick and simple soup with them. saute onions and the chicken (and celery if you have it) until the onions sweat a bit and deglaze the pan with chicken stock. I like to add a green pepper and a sliced jalepeno, and 2-3 TBS or more of soy sauce and the juice of a whole lime (makes it like a vietnamese soup almost). Add angel hair and serve as soon as the angel hair is done (like 3-4 mins). Its fantastic, easy, and it adds great flavor and the smoke even gets pulled out of the chicken and into the soup (not unlike brunswick stew).

didnt see the chicken pot pie pics. WOW THAT LOOKS AWESOME!! going to make that next week for sure

Great looking chicken!! Love how you used the leftovers too. Nice!!!!

Back