Busy Holiday Cooking w/ Pron

aawa

Babbling Farker
So this year I was kind of busy for the Christmas Holidays.

I went to visit my sister, BIL, niece and nephew out in San Diego, CA. I was out there for almost a week. While there I tried to get as many tacos and Mexican food into my system as possible but I had a few special requests.

1. My niece wanted some ribs for dinner. Sunday after a day of site seeing at Point Loma and lunch at Tacos Perla in North Park (which btw is awasome and I would recommend it) I had to get the ribs started. It was a late jump getting them on my BIL Weber Performer at 3PM PST and cruising at 375-400 degrees. I got them done in 3.5 hours. Went 1.5 hours nekkid, 1.5 hours wrapped w/ brown sugar, butter, honey, rub, and splash of apple juice, and then 30mins with sauce. The rib tips got a little bit darker than the ribs but they were still nice and moist and dericious.

Having thin blue under the orange tree. VA to CA it is still a beautiful view.
rSE9kjb.jpg

SLC0jeg.jpg

zXDKgOP.jpg

pOwx76p.jpg

RATKequ.jpg

dzcYswM.jpg

2. My nephew's bday is Dec 22nd. He requested my pulled pork for his bday. So I had to make good on it and made him some pulled pork with fixins for his bday dinner. They only had small pork butts at the commissary there, so I did 2 5lb pork butts. They went completely nekkid on the kettle using the ring of fire at 325 for 6.5 hours.

Ycyv7ED.jpg

ZdQbibm.jpg

GxVLGxT.jpg

f6MnOqk.jpg

Shot of the spread. Homemade mac and cheese with crushed goldfish crumbs, pulled pork, corn bread muffins, roasted sweet potatoes, steamed rice, grilled fresh pineapple spears, and sweet tea.
NOeKx5e.jpg

The next day I had to leave paradise and return home. I landed at 11pm EST and walked into my front door at midnight. I immediately trimmed 2 pork butts, 2 briskets, and a 2lb brisket flat for orders for Christmas Eve meals. These were the results.

2lb brisket flat - Nekkid for 1.5 hours then foiled till done. I was more worried about keeping moisture in the flat, than the bark being perfect.
QFlcdJM.jpg

hQBKs9V.jpg

15.5lb packer -
Flat slices
IRlQ7zJ.jpg

OV7BHEw.jpg

Point slices -
Nnc1FI5.jpg

bQ9HI6u.jpg

12lb packer -
Flat slices
VYpgeGW.jpg

dNAPIcR.jpg

Point slices
8jHZEoF.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the pulled pork, as I was rushed to get out of the door to deliver the meats and then go in to work from 11:30AM - 6PM. I also didn't get any pictures of the lasagna my gf and I made to bring to my parents house for Christmas Dinner.

It has been a busy week of cooking for me and this weekend will be even more cooking since my GF's family will be here on the weekend and we are doing a late Christmas on Saturday.

Looks like you rocked those briskets.

Glad you had a good trip West and you family enjoyed your cooking.

Merry Christmas!

That all looks killer!

Thanks. I had a lot of happy people thank me over the last week. It feels good to see that people enjoy my food.

Great looking grub. The brisket looks fantastic.

Thanks. The briskets were some of the best I turned out. I actually had them on low and slow for 4 hours at 225, then ramped up the temperature to 350 degrees to finish them off. They were very succulent and tender with a nice bark.

Looks like you rocked those briskets.

Glad you had a good trip West and you family enjoyed your cooking.

Merry Christmas!

I did enjoy spending time out there. My niece and nephew are always requesting ribs and pork from me whenever they facetime with me.

What a spread! That brisket is zen-like. As gorgeous as I've ever seen!

Everything looks great as usual...the 2LB flat is tricky. I like the way you handled it! Must be nice to have family all over with Webers to use when visiting.

A 2 lb flat...now that takes some talent. It looks awesome.

Thanks. I was worried about the 2lb brisket and said what is the best way to handle it and make sure it isn't dry. Much rather have a pot roast texture (which it didn't have) vs an inedible dry hunk of meat.

:clap2: looks awesome!

Thanks!

That is some sexy lookin brisket man :shock:

My gf takes some good pictures of food. :p

Everything looks great as usual...the 2LB flat is tricky. I like the way you handled it! Must be nice to have family all over with Webers to use when visiting.

They used to have a stainless steel Weber gasser for 12 years. After 4 military moves they finally ditched it because it was falling apart before they moved. I showed them the Vision Kamado, Chargrill Akorn, and the Weber Performer (as well as the one touch gold and silvers) to replace the beat up gasser. When they moved to Cali, the first thing they purchased once settled in was the Performer.

While I was out there, I taught my BIL how to setup a ring of fire and how long it would cook for etc. He smoked a turkey on Dec 25 and they said it turned out great. He can grill but hopefully he ventures into the world of BBQ.

Good looking grub and super smoke ring

Thanks. All that was put on the briskets was 50/50 by weight kosher salt and butcher course ground pepper.

I did start it at 225 for 4 hours and then ramped the temperature up to about 350 till they were finished.

Back