THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aceman

Knows what a fatty is.
A buddy of mine made a brisket a month ago. I had already eaten, but he brought this to the mountain for a bunch of us to eat. After everyone was done, I wanted to grab a piece and try it since I never did brisket yet.

All that was left from the flat was fat. But there was a nice slice from the point. It was delicious!

I'm wanting to give brisket a try now on my smoker, but I'm not sure if I wanna do burnt enz or smoke the point like he did...

What's your thoughts? Thanks!

Usually I don't make burnt ends. But dang, I love em.
Sometimes the fattiness of the point is better than the flat if sliced the right direction.
The point also makes some great pulled beef. :thumb:

Every time I make brisket, I make some burnt ends. Because there are always "burnt" edge pieces you can use which are truly burnt ends. I slice all of the flat, I slice most of the point, and I cube some of the edge pieces for "burnt ends". Cubing up a whole point is not burnt ends, even though Instabookfacedditube says so. It's just cubed point...but that doesn't mean it isn't delicious.

Back