Burgers?

I go with a 1 to 1 ratio of beef to pork. I also add one chub of breakfast sausage to the mix. Mix as little as possible. The only seasoning I use is lots of Montreal Seasoning and lots of fresh minced garlic. For moisture, wooster and hot sauce and my secret ingredient..............some A1 Steak sauce. When you make the patties, put a hole in the middle, like a doughnut. It will keep the patty from forming back into a small ball shape when you cook it. I have some pics in my albums of some patties I topped with bleu cheese and provolone and the topped with pepperoni. A good whole grain mustard like Inglehoffer is good along with it.

I like to make as many different variations on stuffed burgers as I can.

I make the patties, then in the middle and on top of one I oput my fill ingredients...then put second patty on top and seal edges well.

I have used jalepenos and pepper jack cheese; japs and blue cheese (to bring down the heat) ; adobe sauce and pickels (tastes much better than it sounds); bacon and red bell peppers.

Use your imagination. I usually serve the burgers with one of what ever is inside...also on the top.

My mother-in-law introduced me to these about 40 years ago. The best thing she ever did for me!

Deviled Hamburgers

1 lb. ground beef
2 T Ketchup
1 t salt
1 t horseradish
1 T minced onion
1 t worsteshire sauce
1 t mustard

Mix together and make into large patties (3-4). Coat both sides with BBQ sauce and cook. She use to put them in a hinged basket and put them on a rotissery and they came out great. I recently did them on my UDS and they came out pretty good. My wife thought they were a little dry. I think I took them to about 170-175. Flip them at 20 to 30 minutes and take them to about 160 - 165 inside. Serve on a toasted bun with a little more BBQ sauce if needed. No other condiments needed.

Back