Burgers & Brats

Pappa Roach1

Found some matches.
Tomorrow I have a cooking date in front of the local Wal-Mart. We have a Church Fund Raiser to support the local battered womens shelter.
I will be cooking Brats and Burgers on the 26" Weber. My Dutch Oven cooking group will be doing other dishes. One of my buds from Church will have his Ice Cream cooler. It should be a great day if we miss the rain till late afternoon.

Today I was cooking for our MOST Series Tactical Steel Rifle Match to be held "Saturday". I had 30 pounds of pork loin on the rotisserie stick burner. I am tired of cutting up cabbage. I did two test batches of my Ozark Sweet Cold Slaw earlier this week, and 5 more heads of cabbage today. I ended up packaging the cabbage one head in a 1 Gallon Zip Loc bag. I put all the Dressing in containers for a single head batch. I discovered that a 1 gallon bag of slaw was plenty to mix up at one time in the size SS bowels I had on hand to work with. With me cooking at the Fund Raiser, I have everything lined out for my brother to take care of the Rifle Match tomorrow. I was experimenting on the Cold Slaw. I did not come up with a Salad Master so far. I ended up cutting the last 6 heads up using a meat slicer, then finishing on a cutting board. That worked out pretty well. Test Batch #2 was using the meat slicer the first time to see how well that worked out. I see why people who do big batches of cold slaw buy the slaw pre-cut. I have pictures, I will do a post on today's cook when I slow down.

Bob

Bob, A Great cause you are cooking for. My favorite on the grill is Burgers Brats and Dogs.

New Special Interest forum here on the site called Guns and Ammo you might like.

Back