Burger wraps

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
We wanted burgers cooked over the fire but found we didn't have any buns but we had wraps, so why not?

Cook the burgers along with some Chorizo sausage for the next days dinner.

Burgers-and-chorizo.jpg

Flip and add the cheese.

Cheese-burgers.jpg

Build the wrap and enjoy. Something about wood fire cooking that makes everything taste better.

Cheeseburger-wraps.jpg

Cheese-burger-wrap-with-sun-chips.jpg

Is that a frozen burger? or fresh burger done by a press? what's the deal.. just looks like the frozen stuff you get in a box.. IF SO.. i'm curious what brand? is it good? is it cheap?

You sound like me, use whatever you have handy. I'd say that was a great and successful cook!

Is that a frozen burger? or fresh burger done by a press? what's the deal.. just looks like the frozen stuff you get in a box.. IF SO.. i'm curious what brand? is it good? is it cheap?

They were President's Choice (grocery store here in Canada) Top Sirloin burgers that were frozen. They were not bad but there is a local farm here that makes their own burgers that are tastier and cost about the same, so we're using up these store-bought ones to clear them out. Then it will be Kootenay Beef burgers from now on.

I need to do this. I rarely have buns on hand. Looks great, thanks for posting!

I'm totally with you on this idea. :thumb:

I make obround shaped burger patties with beef, bulk sausage, or just ground pork or chicken so they are a better fit for flour tortillas. If you are watching carbs, there are two brands of lo-carb flour tortillas and they accomplish this by having more fiber which reduces the net carbs. The other advantage when using low carb tortillas as a burger wrap is that the fiber gives the tortilla a different texture, not as soft as a regular tortilla.

Golf courses out here shape the burgers to fit hot dog buns so it’s a one handed thing! They sell the hell out of them! So tortilla not soo far off!

Back