Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

That is one incredible project, kudos to you big time. Now help me out. The top that you just did is a countertop, right? And the fire and the pizzas go down below into the archways, yes/no? I'm still trying to visualize the whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I know, you know what you're doing, I'm just a bit slow.

Thank you. This is only the counter top. Now i have to build the pizza oven on-top of the counter top, the tedious work now starts. The arches are storage space, i will store wood under the countertop.

Sorry guys, been pretty busy, unfortunately i had to work on building my gate as it was falling apart from recent winds, so ill have to pick up on the oven next week.

Small update, i just scored 300 free used/vintage bricks. They were removed from his house 25 years ago, the bricks are from 1907. These are "Simons" bricks and are stamped with that name. So far i have about 1,100-1,200 vintage red bricks. Ooh how i love these bricks.

2f06j5g.jpg

Man, nice collection of bricks!
What kind of form will you be using for the dome?

Thanks. Ive been debating if i should use the Indispensable tool or use a form. I think in the long run it would be easier to use a form. Since i have lots of plywood from previous job sites/projects (thanks to my dad) i plan on cutting and building the form out of plywood and using a nail gun to attach the form using thin wood veneer. Ill either cut/remove the form once done or ill just burn it. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind when using a fixed form, it can be difficult to "tuck point" inside.
We used 2" pink foam that we could move as we wished.

Keep in mind when using a fixed form, it can be difficult to "tuck point" inside.
We used 2" pink foam that we could move as we wished.

Ya that's a good point, one disadvantage of having a form is just that, you can really work on the inside. So you had a form? and you would move it around while you were working on the inside? wouldn't that shift the wet mortar/bricks?.

Ya that's a good point, one disadvantage of having a form is just that, you can really work on the inside. So you had a form? and you would move it around while you were working on the inside? wouldn't that shift the wet mortar/bricks?.

Even at extreme angles the mortared bricks will set after a couple of minutes. You can use sticks to keep those bricks from sliding down as a safeguard as you move the form or the indispensable tool to the next area.

Even at extreme angles the mortared bricks will set after a couple of minutes. You can use sticks to keep those bricks from sliding down as a safeguard as you move the form or the indispensable tool to the next area.

Ya i rather build the form and work and move fast brick after brick. Im planning on cutting most of the bricks, or at-least the first few course's ahead of time, that way i can zip thru the build, or once i get home from work all ill have to do is turn on some light, mix some mortar and start laying. At-least this is what im hoping to do.

Back