THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICDEDTURKES

Full Fledged Farker
So I have 3 3.5-4lb pork butts that I cured on the leaky offset fighting 30mph winds and 40 degree temps for bacon.. Plan to pull somewhere between 140 and 150.. Cooking at 200 degree..

Seeings that I am cooking these to 55-60 cooler than a typical butt and most likely avoiding any type of stall.. What type of time frame am I looking at approximately?

I know its done when its done.. But wanna know if this is gonna occupy my whole evening and hate to open this leaky thing more than I have too on a day like today..

You may be fighting a losing battle with conditions and equipment like that. I would figure at least four hours in ideal conditions, but in your situation it will take longer. At least a couple hours more. If you have to smoke it for a few hours on the smoker and then finish it in the oven to get it to temp. I would have it on the smoker for about four hours then if it is not done, transfer it to the oven. Just MHO.

Back