Brisktionary

Looks perfect. :thumb:

I don't trust my main fridge for wet aging and don't have a separate fridge. :sad:

Did you injected this one with phosphates?

Curious as to why it rested for 4 hrs. Part of your process, or just didn't need it for 4 hrs? Looks great BTW and I am planning to test a fast cook shortly (when I catch them on sale... my God, why are they so expensive?? lol).

It's part of my process of making me feel like I'm doing a low and slowwwwww cook by giving it a 4h rest:biggrin1: No but seriously I like a long rest after smoking a brisket in a cooler one reason is because I don't need it for 4h but the other is cause I like to slowly cool the meat and redistribute the juices throughout the meat, resting is a good thing. Ya brisket or meat in general is pricey these days but a man needs his meat and women do to :mrgreen:

Looks perfect. :thumb:

I don't trust my main fridge for wet aging and don't have a separate fridge. :sad:

Did you injected this one with phosphates?

Ya I used my MINI fridge to hold this brisket at around 33-38* I only opened it to flip the meat once a week. No phosphates were used in this experiment, but the next one I wet age will be done for 70 days and injected with my super secret solution :twitch:

That looks fantastic! I've never wet aged more than 30 days. Will try longer next go round.

I made my meat guy at Costco's open up a whole other case to get the date and it was Jan 25 and I bought it Feb 25 he said they had never been frozen. I told him what I was doing and he said he dry ages steaks at his house in a fridge, cool guy good luck with your next one brotha

Not sure how I've been missing this thread, but glad I'm seeing it now - nice work! :clap2:

I've been using BP lately as well. I don't know if it works better or not, but it sure is cheap and it's also great for putting down on the area where I'm working and keeping it clean. :thumb:

Not sure how I've been missing this thread, but glad I'm seeing it now - nice work! :clap2:

I've been using BP lately as well. I don't know if it works better or not, but it sure is cheap and it's also great for putting down on the area where I'm working and keeping it clean. :thumb:

Thx brother:thumbup: Ya it sure is man, I also love to use it on my prep area easy clean up:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

All looks Super AustinKnight. Do you know of a reference for wet aging brisket? I would like to try that.

I think I have some links bookmarked on my laptop I'll post it when I get home. I just googled wet aged brisket and read a lot of the forums that came up, that's basically how I figured it out I also asked on here too http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126794 some say not to go past 30 or 40 days of the (kill date/packed date)I chose to push the limits and this was my end result.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Thanks AustinKnight, I will pick up a choice brisket next week and talk with the butcher about it. Lots of great info on your previous thread. :clap2:

Thanks AustinKnight, I will pick up a choice brisket next week and talk with the butcher about it. Lots of great info on your previous thread. :clap2:

Your welcome Toast happy to help:becky: here is another good read, hope all this helps it's not really hard you just need the package date off the box from the butcher and a dedicated fridge between 33-38*. And look for bubbles every week mine only got about the size of a BB at 60 days, I've read that if they get to a dime size then you need to think about cooking it or freeze it at that point.

http://www.goodcooking.com/steak/aging/aging.htm

Back