brisket ?

Definitely savory with a kick, I like to marinate mine overnight (a packer brisket, point &flat intact) in a soy brine, then as I heat the pit I will pat off the excess marinade and rub it down with my brisket rub, baby will then rest till the smoker is at 250 – 300 the put that puppy on and throw some mesquite or hickory in the box with a bit of wild cheery wood for 2 hours, as this is smoking I am bringing the temp down to 225. After 2 hours I remove the beef to a aluminum pan and cover with heavy foil, add no more wood but enough coals to keep the heat at 200 – 225. after this two hours I remove the beef and place it back on the grill add a small loaf pan of apple cider in the grill for steam/moisture some more wood and finish it off for 2 hours or until internal temp reaches 160-175.

:shocked::confused::shocked::confused::shocked::confused::shocked::confused::shocked:

Definitely savory with a kick, I like to marinate mine overnight (a packer brisket, point &flat intact) in a soy brine, then as I heat the pit I will pat off the excess marinade and rub it down with my brisket rub, baby will then rest till the smoker is at 250 – 300 the put that puppy on and throw some mesquite or hickory in the box with a bit of wild cheery wood for 2 hours, as this is smoking I am bringing the temp down to 225. After 2 hours I remove the beef to a aluminum pan and cover with heavy foil, add no more wood but enough coals to keep the heat at 200 – 225. after this two hours I remove the beef and place it back on the grill add a small loaf pan of apple cider in the grill for steam/moisture some more wood and finish it off for 2 hours or until internal temp reaches 160-175. there are lots of commercial rubs and marinades on the market I make my own. Here a rub to get you started on your beefy adventure, best of luck
RR

http://www.grouprecipes.com/108600/brisket-brown-sugar-rub.html

Oh great and honorable Moderator if the link is not kosher let me know and I will write out the recipe this is my recipe site

you pull when the internal reaches 165-170??? You must have very sharp teeth to chew that.

will that what I get for thinking faster than I was typeing final internal is 200 to 225 with a rest in the hot box thanks for pointing that out, stupid mistake beer on me ...crud I brought last round also...sigh

Yea, Sled ain't lying about not checking the temp and going by feel.
I tried that technigue on my last brisky and it worked. I must admit mine that mine hit 205 (I peeked) and I was sweating it, but the probe just was sliding right. It hit 208 and it when in and out like butta. It must have been a tough farker!

Here's an absolutely great thread written by a brisket master that totally kicked my brisket cooks up quite a few notches.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57815

I do foil at 165 and save all the au jus which packs TONS of flavor. And forget about finishing temps learn to feel the funk...it might elude you the first couple times...but you will get to know it and feel it...forget the finishing temps. Here's another great thread as well:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57130

Good Luck!

Never had a problem with the Temp Probs, but I would not suggest probing from the side. I did have a problem with marks when injecting from the side, so I would be careful.

Back