THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After you have vented the meat is everyone leaving the liquid in the foil or are you draining that off?

I wrap my brisket around the 160 mark and then pour in some apple juice along with any left over injection that I have. I'd say I put in a max of 1 cup worth of liquid but most of the time it is closer to 1/2 cup.

-Eric

How about injection. I have been injecting up to 8 hours before the meat goes on the pit. How early is the best time to inject?

I've injected up to 11 hrs. with no issues. I open the foil and vent until the temp starts to go down a degree or two. I re-wrap and put it in the Cambro. If using a cooler, I wrap a towel or two around it. I pull briskets around 10:00. They are still very hot, tender and very moist.

Back