Brisket source in SoCal?

I just picked up a nice 12.5lb Angus from restaurant depot for like 2.89/lb. Normal usda choice was 2.49/lb I think. I spent like 40 bucks and got a business license from the city for and called it a catering company. That worked fine to get a full RD membership for the wife and I. I looked at the KCBS thing but it seemed convoluted at best, this was quick and easy on the internet and they mailed me the license in a few days.

hachi, you can go into RD and get a day pass. Go in, check it out. I have one right down the street from me (Walnut) and they had a good selection of packers. Last time I went, they were a bit big for my 18 WSM (16.5 lb+). The one in LA (off Washington) has beef short ribs too (Walnut did not).
So far, I've purchased 3 from S&F, 1 was dry-ish. The one I got from RD was pretty good.

Not sure where you are located, but I second what SSV3 said about Costco Business Center. They have one in San Diego off of Balboa and the 163 and they about every cut of meat you can imagine and in the hugest packages/quantity I've ever seen. I bought a huge packer cut brisket there a few weeks ago for about 2.99 a pound. It was USDA choice and turned out perfect.

hachi, you can go into RD and get a day pass. Go in, check it out. I have one right down the street from me (Walnut) and they had a good selection of packers. Last time I went, they were a bit big for my 18 WSM (16.5 lb+). The one in LA (off Washington) has beef short ribs too (Walnut did not).
So far, I've purchased 3 from S&F, 1 was dry-ish. The one I got from RD was pretty good.

You got the day pass through KCBS? I live real close to the LA one off Jefferson

I never been there but according to my friend Hottinger Family Meats is the spot to go.
5437 Chino Ave. Chino, Ca 91710. (909) 628-2568

Truth! My in-laws live in Chino and this place is top notch. They have a discount freezer section that I ended up taking 3 pre seasoned tri tip's back to Chicago with me the first time I was there!

Back