Brisket slices back on smoker ---- Illegal?

Your question had been answered before I got to it, so I figured you didn't need a 3rd answer if the first two were correct. I was just trying to be helpful in regards to your idea that brought about the debate in the first place.
No problem. Looking back at my post, you could read it that I was being an a&&hole about your post and I wasn't. When I was typing it, I was just trying to stay on topic.

Returning slices to the smoker may have a ton of pitfalls that would make the final product something that I don't want to turn it, but it was just a brainstorming idea that I thought about pursuing in my driveway before I took it to a comp. Didn't mean the post to come off the wrong way. I apologize for that.

No problem. Looking back at my post, you could read it that I was being an a&&hole about your post and I wasn't. When I was typing it, I was just trying to stay on topic.

Returning slices to the smoker may have a ton of pitfalls that would make the final product something that I don't want to turn it, but it was just a brainstorming idea that I thought about pursuing in my driveway before I took it to a comp. Didn't mean the post to come off the wrong way. I apologize for that.

Matt, I understand. I also understand that forums often don't express the emotion meant behind a post. I didn't take it personal, and I appreciate your clarification.

Tim

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
The judges are told not to judge the smoke ring to give the pellet poopers a chance..We all know they cant make a smoke ring like a stick burner :boxing::tape:

anybody see the box over at BBQ critic? it clearly has a smoke ring all the way around the MM. it's getting scores of 9 in appearance.

at what point does the DQ get applied? only if caught going into the cooker? or off?

i haven't competed much, but, i i also haven't seen many reps around watching @ 12AM or 4:30AM.

the fact that this box is getting such accolades is disturbing, yes, it looks nice, but should be automatic DQ.

now, unless it is someone here's box and can explain HOW they got the ring/bark all the way around, i will gladly stand corrected.

Start a new thread about the smoke ring issue. Hijack ring a bell. The topic is about putting sliced brisket back on the smoker being legal. KCBS is fine with it. Probably wouldn't do it but it is something to think about.

Start a new thread about the smoke ring issue. Hijack ring a bell. The topic is about putting sliced brisket back on the smoker being legal. KCBS is fine with it. Probably wouldn't do it but it is something to think about.

thought maybe it was a hijack, but seemed pertinent to the conversation...

parting and all.

coupla current threads seem somewhat freeflowing on open discussion.
gotcha tho. :thumb:

Back