THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:thumb:

True! I should say that it all depends on the weather too. If it's cold it doesn't take long but my average has been about 10-15 mins. I watch for steam to diminish and stick my tpen and monitor when the temps stop climbing and equalize. Then wrap and rest.

My last brisket finished earlier then I had anticipated. It saw a 6.5 hour rest and was still piping hot when sliced. It was one of my best to date. Resting is where it’s at!! I guess that’s not much to toot my horn about as I rarely cook briskets… lol.
d927153cee04e54e25b56d08586121e5.jpg

Absolutely killer! :clap2: The longest I've rested has been 6 hours and possibly the best brisket. Still piping hot as you said. Also my average brisket cook is between 6-8 hours from the kettle all the way to my stick burner. I don't warm to death anymore and only hot n fast for me.

My last brisket finished earlier then I had anticipated. It saw a 6.5 hour rest and was still piping hot when sliced. It was one of my best to date. Resting is where it’s at!! I guess that’s not much to toot my horn about as I rarely cook briskets… lol.
d927153cee04e54e25b56d08586121e5.jpg

Absolutely killer! :clap2: The longest I've rested has been 6 hours and possibly the best brisket. Still piping hot as you said. Also my average brisket cook is between 6-8 hours from the kettle all the way to my stick burner. I don't warm to death anymore and only hot n fast for me.

That’s definitely where we differ. I am a loooow n sloooow guy. 16-20+ hours on my MAK is the norm for butts and briskets. Not only do I prefer the results, but to have almost 24 hours of nonstop smoke-therapy rolling through the backyard is a huge plus to me :)

That’s definitely where we differ. I am a loooow n sloooow guy. 16-20+ hours on my MAK is the norm for butts and briskets. Not only do I prefer the results, but to have almost 24 hours of nonstop smoke-therapy rolling through the backyard is a huge plus to me :)

As long as it works brother. :thumb:

Back