Brisket Opinions ?

MNmoose

Thoughts and opinions on Brisket? Creekstone Farms Premium? -
Imperial Wagyu Kobe Beef? - Snake River Farms? or CAB from your local butcher? Online Kobe & Wagyu are expensive but are they worth the extra $$$$. Thanks for your thoughts & opinion.

Just my opinion...
Support your local butcher!

I've competed with everything from grocery store choice briskets to special order waygu briskets. No I haven't ordered from SNR, although BBQ pit masters sure does advert heavily for them.

I placed highest with a choice brisket that I picked from my local butcher. Never placed higher than 4th with waygu. Frankly, if the beef is done well, I don't think there's enough difference for most people to notice.

Now, I will say that I had to learn how to pick briskets. The waygu briskets off the shelf, so to speak, are noticeably more tender prior to cooking. So they accept injections very well. But I can pick choice briskets that are perfectly acceptable, and they cost SOOO much less.

They have pretty good pricing, if it wasn't for the shipping. Around here, a select packer will run you $40-50 bucks.

15 -20 over a couple years of comps. Nothing better than 8th place in a contest

Just find you a good source of consistent good briskets and keep cooking them.. If it's CAB's, cook a bunch of those.. 15-40 briskets isn't really enough to know what to look for, for your personal preference.

Back