Brisket on the Weber

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Brisket (flat), albeit a tiny one was on the menu for dinner today.

But first, I thought the cloud monster was attacking from beyond the trees :rolleyes: Some weird looking cloud tendrils, like nothing I've ever seen -

XeNChNi.jpg

A less than 3 pound flat, so I should learn to keep an eye on these small guys and not pretend it's going to take all day. The Weber gets called into service for this one -

Lp4EMrd.jpg

6o4LbNi.jpg

Add some sweet potatoes later on -

1hlFBMr.jpg

Ready for slicing -

USjah46.jpg

daN8HfZ.jpg

0U9Js93.jpg

It turned out a tad drier than I would have liked, but still tasted good. I wasn't paying attention to the clock, my mistake. But since it was just for the Mrs and me for dinner, it was fine.

Nothing a little Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce won't help with -

tBLzMzP.jpg

OrknDBT.jpg

1YruG7M.jpg

Not my finest brisket, but not my worst.

Thanks for checking in on tonite's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

No doubt any one of us would have had issues keeping a small brisket flat moist, but you produced a fine looking meal and the bark looked killer!

Thanks all! I should mention the rub I used, first time using it. I think I picked it up at my local Market Basket supermarket, figured I'd give it a go.

Jake's Grillin -

yqhoDIO.jpg

I didn't realize it was a coffee based rub, but for this brisket it worked quite well, probably helped with the bark -

IVI0Rs0.jpg

There's a first time for everything. Jake's will remain in my rotation for beef.

-Dom

Back