Brisket for a very special young man Pt 3.....

Billy Roo's BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Howdy Ya'll...

For the past year or so my family and I have been cooking meals for a very special young man. His name is Josiah and he has been battling cancer since he was 7 years old. He has had several ups and downs along the way but always maintained a super great attitude. Last year on Valentines day he went in for a bone marrow transplant. An unrelated and anonymous donor selflessly gave his marrow so that Joisah might have a shot at life. On March 5 of this year, Josiah's spinal fluid and bone marrow are both negative for leukemia and he has 100% donor cells!

By the grace of God, we are super excited to be able to bring you part 3 of our cooking series. We have made him ribs and pulled pork. Now he has a hankering for some beef brisket :) To accompany the main the dish, the kids and I will be making a bean recipe I found on-line (Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans) and some corn bread. My daughter will whip up some of her famous no bake cookies for dessert.

The cook will start at 5am tomorrow morning. I will be posting pics as the cook unfolds.

Pt 1 - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179754
Pt 2 - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182893

It has been a LONG journey for Josiah but just look at him now :clap:

Screen%20shot%202015-03-14%20at%202.28.41%20PM_zpslszzg6b7.png

Screen%20shot%202015-03-14%20at%202.28.21%20PM_zpsvt9jowqt.png

Awesome to hear this news! Speaks volumes about you and your family for carrying out these kind acts.:clap2:

*wiping tears* This is just awesome! We have an awesome God, and you have an awesome heart:-D

I hope you cook the best cook ever.

And may he beat cancer once and for all

Morning Ya'll.....

The meat is on the smoke and I am looking at around a 5 hour cook. Here are the particulars:

Pit Barrel Cooker
8 Lb. Brisket Flat (salt and pepper seasoning)
Kingsford Original Charcoal
31 Degrees F External Temp (beautiful Michigan morning)

BBQ1_zpsfimiow1s.jpg

BBQ2_zpshlt9smdd.jpg

BBQ3_zpsil38mc6q.jpg

Last edited:
I remember the earlier post. Glad to hear the boy is doing well. Great on you and the family for what you do...

That is sooooo awesome I am really happy for him You are a really good person to be doing this Best of luck to him in the future

Back